Friday 9 November 2012

Friday Five: 9 November

This week's Friday Five...

Greatest source of joy this week:
A toss-up between Barack Obama being re-elected in the US and two of my very short stories being accepted for publication, also in the US. It will be a while before the anthology featuring my stories sees the light of day, but I'm already proud to be part of it!

Greatest disappointment of the week:
Being told by one of my publishers that two anthologies to which I've contributed, and which were scheduled to be released this month, have been pushed back until February and March 2013, respectively. I'm sad about this, as my contributions to these anthologies are probably my best stories to date, and I was looking forward to unveiling them.

Greatest laugh I had this week:
Buying a subscription to one stock-photo site, only to find after paying that the photos I need for my upcoming covers are in fact from another stock-photo site. It was the rather fitting culmination of a long day on which I did many stupid things, such as leaving my sushi at the take-away place where I'd bought it, ordering the wrong drink at my favourite tea place, parking badly, etc. Oh, well. We all have those days, right? Right? (Thankfully, my subscription to the wrong stock-photo site is not a waste of money; I'm getting some very good photos out of the deal, at a very sharp price. I'll just have to take out a subscription to the other site, as well...)

Greatest 'aha!' moment of the week:
The realisation that two short stories I abandoned a few months ago may well make a decent novelette if I put them together and add some bits in between. So glad those stories weren't a complete waste of time, after all...

Most UNF-y GIF of the week:

Daniel Craig

Oh, Daniel.

*dissolves into puddle*

And that's all for this week. I should have more exciting news next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment