Thursday 25 October 2012

Friday Five: 26 October

Greatest discovery of the week:
My current work assignment is the easiest one I've had in a long, long time. Which is great, as it leaves me with a lot of writing time.

Most time-consuming thing I did this week:
Sort through all the stock photos I've bookmarked over the last few months, looking for appropriate cover images for my upcoming self-published release. I had to sift through hundreds of photos and file them in a manner which will make it easier for me to find them next time I need cover images. I now have about a dozen stock-photo folders (I'm resisting the urge to say 'binders') full of elegant women, slutty women, cuffed women, bigger women, women in schoolgirl uniforms, men in suits, topless men, fully clad couples, nearly naked couples, legs in stockings, vampires, and so on. It was good to make a systematic inventory, but God, did it take up a lot of valuable writing time.

Best book I read this week (mostly by dint of it being the only book I read this week):
One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, a novel about a disgraced journalist who tries to redeem herself by embarking on an ambitious assignment left to her by her deceased mentor, which sees her talking to one hundred seemingly random people and trying to figure out why her mentor wanted her to write about them. A heart-warming and life-affirming story, it has romance, mystery, drama, plot twists and several larger-than-life characters, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it despite not being overly impressed with the author's writing style.

Weirdest thing I did this week:
Watch the first season of Blackadder. I've always loved the second, third and fourth seasons of the show, which revolve around the hyper-intelligent and cunning Blackadder (Rowan Atkinson) and his incomparably stupid sidekick Baldrick (Tony Robinson). I only just got round to watching the first season, in which Blackadder is a very stupid prince and Baldrick his rather more intelligent retainer. I found it distinctly odd, and frankly somewhat disturbing, to see such familiar characters in such a role reversal. I did enjoy the show, but I much prefer the second, third and fourth seasons. It's amazing how vastly the show improved once Ben Elton came on board...

Most beautiful erotic photo of the week:
This one took my breath away. Seriously, how beautiful is that?

Blindfolded girl

And that's me done for another week...

No comments:

Post a Comment